What do you feel the best class is?

For any discussion related to the game (that isn't already covered in other topics!)

What do you feel the best class is?

Postby Shaun » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Let's us know why :}
Shaun

Re: What do you feel the best class is?

Postby Floox » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:43 pm

I prefer classes that can attack from afar. I like the Shadow Hunter, I think he's currently the best.
But my opinion will change determined. (:
Inotia2:

Templar Lvl 110
Thief Lvl 110
Priest 110

Inotia3:

Templar(lvl 27)
Rogue (lvl 110)
Barbarian (lvl 110)
Shadow Hunter (lvl 110 - Deleted Acc)
Templar (lvl 86 - Deleted Acc)
Floox

Postby blizzard501 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:06 am

I think all classes has their strengths and weaknesses and it would depend on your playing style when choosing a class.

Personally I chose Rogue because I like a DPser that deals the most damage with two weapons. My play style is aggro with powerful weapons and high criticals. Unlike Inotia 2, the rogue can equip TWO swords-making it even more of a reason for me to choose this class.

I also particularly like how each weapon has a 'speed' indication. That way I can ensure my Rogue equip fast swinging weapons for maximal damage.
Working on unlocking all skills for all 6 character classes.
blizzard501

Postby Placeholder » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:12 am

I noticed that Barbarians can also dual wield now, and there seems to be a skill or two associated for such a build? Might be tempted to try it.

Templars seemed to have received some major nerfs. Can't equip Daggers anymore; Reflective Mirror replaced with a not so powerful skill, etc. The Holy Strike and his other attacks seemed to be just as useless as before too.
Placeholder

Postby Placeholder » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 am

Offensive Templar is actually pretty fun. o.o I haven't tried other classes, and my companions can't really compare with Lucio, so I am not really sure if I am doing decent with my templar. I probably can't do as much damage damage as a rogue or barb, but at least I can tank better. lol And since you don't need a shield to use barrier of light, my templar actually tanks ok despite using double-fisted weapon or spear. Completely ignored all the passive skills for shield, and I don't even have justice cry but I hold aggros okay with holy cry + wrath of heaven. Justice strike itself is a decent aggro holder as well, and it recharges fast. I might need to get justice cry in the future if I do decide to get a mage or somthing.

I would say rogue would be the best damage dealer. Hide + Assassination probably gives the best burst damage in the whole game, or maybe that only applies to that one dark elf rogue (800 damage critical from hide + assassination was just 0_0, which at the same time made me wonder how I beat him...). And once you come out of hide you have trick attack and smoke bomb to back you up and probaly give you another chance to do Assassination again before hide recharges...

Barb is also really crazy in berserk mode. He hits so fast you can't really read the numbers properly. Lol (Kuntu makes a viable dual wield berserker without any emblem help, fyi)

I have no idea how to skill a mage propely, any help?
Placeholder

Postby Mewko » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:42 am

This question always depends on the user. We have different classes we like and because of that, whether the class is stronger or weaker, it will always depend on how good we are on that class. I personally choose Rangers over any class in any game. No matter what I play, I always choose Rangers. Whether its strong or not, I don't really care. I just love it.
Mewko™
shingod35 wrote:We are planning on graphic modification in near future.

Thank you for your patience!
Mewko

Postby Placeholder » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 am

A Barbarian is a much better job than the Templar if you are going without the shield. Has anyone noticed how shield block actually tend to proc a lot more than what your real % actually is? I am guessing the default shield block % is around 10% or so. The Templar is very good at tanking with Justice Cry, and he's generally very hard to kill.

Anyway though I think the question should be changed to What's your best TEAM as opposed to class. You control 3 characters in this game after-all, and with given circumstances. For example, what team is best suited for mob farming? What team is best suited for boss farming? What team is best suited for general purpose play? What team is best suited for sustainable farming? What team is best at EXP / Gold farming? etc etc Someone should make a new thread...
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Placeholder

Postby Placeholder » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:24 am

Oh nono. Templar will definitely lose to Barb on the DPS basis, I think, no matter how you build that templar. I kind of see my templar as a barb but instead of having whirlwind for the extra damage, I get aggro holding skill and defense buff in return. I just see that a double fist templar is quite viable and fun, if you are an odd bird like me who likes to look at plate armor as well as a giant weapon on Lucio. o.o I am definitely gonna examine the difference in DPS ability between my templar and a legendary barb with double fist oriented skills, once I am lucky enough to get one. *-*

Yeah, I think shield block is definitely higher than 0% by default. I guess it's somewhat similar to secondary weapon activation; it definitely doesn't start at 0% since you can swing your second weapon without any expertise passive.
Placeholder

Postby Thedarklights » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:08 am

'best' team would be based on what its the best at :)
I'd say the best boss team is Barb/templar/priest or MAYBE rogue/templar/priest

Best farming team by FAR imo is Mage/templar/priest.... round up as many mobs as you can (20ish) taunt them with a justice cry, switch mage, then cold wave, call lightning, foresight, cold wave/call lightning/repeat till mobs are all dead.. at 60 i was farming lvl 77 mobs in huge groups (20 plus at a time).. and you cant really compete with that
Inotia 3
110 Arc mage/Temp/Priest
110 Temp/Barb/Arc Mage
31 rogue (solo)

AoE grinding > all

Inotia 2
65 Templar/Templar/Templar
(dagger dps build, 2x epic templar mercs. this team is nuts.. daggers make blade enhance stupid OP :)
Thedarklights

Postby henryabc » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:36 am

if theres gonn be a pvp update. im gonna start again n go for templar, theyr being underestimated >:)
henryabc

Next

Return to General Discussion